All myb WordPress Themes have pre-styled newsletter forms for Mailchimp you can use to spread your content with the easy to use newsletter widget. If you don’t use Mailchimp you should definitely look into it as it offers a free plan for up to 2000 subscribers and has other advantages as well.
How do I start?
- Navigate to Plugins → Install New and search for the Easy Forms for Mailchimp plugin by Yikes.
- Install and activate the plugin.
- Back in your WP dashboard hover over the Easy Forms tab on the left hand side and click on settings. Here we need to connect the plugin with your Mailchimp account through an API key.
- Open a new tab and read here how to extract the API key from your Mailchimp Account.
- Copy and paste the API key into the required field and leave it ticked on yes where it reads Enable validation on this site.
Creating the Newsletter Form
After we connected the plugin with your Mailchimp account we can now start creating the newsletter form.
- Navigate to your Easy Forms tab on the left hand side of your WP dashboard and click on Opt-in Forms.
- Create a new sign up form by following the onscreen instructions. Give your sign up form a name and optionally a description.
- After creating the new sign up form you’ll have the option to add labels to your form builder like first name, email etc. Choose the labels you like to display on your sign up and click on save.
Incorporating the Subscribe Widget into your WordPress Theme
Now that we have created the sign up form we can implement it into the layout and place it on any given widget area.
- Navigate to Appearance → Widgets.
- Look for the Easy Mailchimp Forms widget from the available widgets and drag it to any widget area of your gusto.
- Give your Widget a title. This will later be displayed above the sign up form.
- Choose the newly created sign up form or any form you like to display.
- Optionally you can tick the box where it reads ‘show description’ and make the subscribe widget full width.
- Don’t forget to click on save to secure your progress.
You’ll find more information about using the plugin in the official plugin docs. Please be aware that we do not provide free support for 3rd party plugins.